Are you detail-oriented with a meticulous eye? Do love problem solving and finding root causes? Then we’re looking for you to be our CE Quality Technician!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must maintain board quality to BT’s Quality standards and enters all Quality data into the Hourly Quality Document. (15%)
- Adjusts and monitors machine to ensure Quality product. (12%)
- Operates the CE Lines and downstream equipment. (8%)
- Maintains Quality and quantity of lumber produced on the CE line’s. (8%)
- Watches product coming from line going onto the pallet to ensure its quality (7%)
- Monitors, adjusts and scans color into computer with Spectrophotometer. (6%)
- Does random rip and router audits, length checks. (6%)
- Accurately document process settings and process changes. (5%)
- Maintains production efficiency rates. (5%)
- Reduce downtime and scrap rate. (5%)
- Has the ability to troubleshoot the machine and adapt to different situations. (5%)
- Ability to determine settings for machine. (5%)
- Takes the initiative to follow up on completion of all tasks. (3%)
- Spends time on housekeeping/cleaning and organization of the CE area. (3%)
- Communicates successes/failures with other shifts. (2%)
- Shares at least one improvement idea per month by filling out an idea slip and putting it on the idea board.
- Perform any other task or work assignment that may be delegated from time to time by your Shift Supervisor or Manager. (5%)
- Self motivated and able to effectively communicate with team personnel
- Math skills to count boards and understand calculations for blends
- Ability to troubleshoot machine and adapt to different situations
- Ability to determine settings for machine
- Understand size and color of each product
- Ability to multi-task while monitoring machine
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure
- Able to stack Gaylord boxes properly
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to operate forklift
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to perform essential job duties
- 12 am – 8 am
If interested, please submit an application.