Resumes Accepted Through February 5th
To perform support activities for multiple sectors of the company with an emphasis in the Purchasing and Raw Material Production departments to include purchasing, safety program, standard operating procedures, and Lean development and initiatives.
Reports to: Director of Operations – VA, Purchasing and Raw Material Production
Reporting to this position: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchase all parts as needed for all 3 business units
- Primary responsibility is to purchase raw materials
- Supply items for production
- Maintenance parts
- Inventory purchased parts
- Physically count inventory
- Report quality to suppliers on a regular basis
- Hold suppliers accountable for quality and determine charge backs
- Grade plastic to meet Bedford quality standards
- Create orders for customer supplied materials
- Perform make vs buy decisions
- Labor and other miscellaneous data entry
- Assistance in Safety Program initiatives
- Updating and developing standard operating procedures
- Support Lean Office/5S development and initiatives
- Perform any other task or work assignments as needed
- Work safely, following legislated, and Bedford Technology, safety rules and practices.
- Follow the Policies and Procedures of the company.
- Input accurate time keeping and production records
- Perform any other task or work assignment that may be delegated from time to time by Bedford Technology management
Education Required: High School Preferred: Some College
Experience Minimum of 2 years purchasing related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- MRP/ERP experience preferred
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Good organizational skills
- Developed people skills
- Above average communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interface with office personnel, outside professional services, other management, visitors and company personnel.
- Demonstrable proficiency in computer skills, knowledge emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Knowledge of data base management systems: Epicor, or similar experience.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations to fulfill responsibilities
- Technical capacity to learn plastics and suppliers
- Sitting and standing – Walking, standing, and bending – Must have strength and manual dexterity to use computer terminals, telephones and other office equipment. – Must be able to see, hear and speak well enough to fulfill the obligations of the position
Work primarily completed in climate controlled office with occasional exposure to service shop environment. Exposure to dust and noise will occur.
Some travel required for this position.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Makes optimal use of time during working hours
- Performs all duties in an independent and expeditious manner with minimal supervision
- Reports are run timely
- All data inputted into the computer is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Quality expectations of work completed is met or exceeded.
- The effectiveness of Good Housekeeping Practices as measured by the state of organization and cleanliness in immediate work area.
- Implementation and sustained Lean Office Practices
I have reviewed and understand the above Position Description and believe it to be accurate and complete. I also agree that the President retains the right to change this Position Statement at any time to keep it representative of this functional position.
For the Company Date